The work day yesterday was a big success.
- We buried the new sections of tunnels Lori Oakley built. The Master and Senior sections include new, moveable dowels that I think are really going to make the dogs super excited (the dogs we practiced that day seemed to love them and we could HEAR them easily!)
- Karen and Jeff Partington pretty much dug in Senior and Master by themselves
- Bob Gann and new earthdogger Ed Hubbs reinstalled Junior, which was more complicated due to the metal sides
- An interesting story, Ed came to help because he has his sister’s Smooth Fox Terrier and wants to run the SFT next week. He and Bob are friends from college who attended each other’s weddings and neither of them realized the other was going to be there yesterday! Very cool!
- We rebuilt three sections in Senior we didn’t expect to have to, so thank goodness for the sections of metal from RMATC and the expert engineering skills of Bob and Ed
- Those were filled back in by Larry Bush and Jeff
- Larry did a lot of weedwacking to make it easy for the dogs to see their entrances!
- Lori, who just had knee surgery last week, ran back and forth to the hardware store, helped get the cabin ready and replaced rotted dowels in the Intro tunnel
- Ann Brodie, Celli Jones & Christine Kim helped reorganize the shed and get the cabin ready to go
- Everybody, especially Celli and Christine, helped “judge" the dogs who were there for practice
- Christine is keeping our rats until the test next week
Many hands made light work. Apologies if I missed anything folks helped with. I really appreciate everyone coming together to help out.
We especially missed our friends Betty and Bryon, but we know they were with us in spirit.
Hope to see many of you at the test next weekend.
Please mark your calendars for the next tests September 14 & 15! Christine and I will have a practice prior. RMATC will also have a test in October in Sedalia.